Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Congressional Medal of Honor


Did I mention that my mother received the Congressional Medal of Honor this year for her service as a Women's Airforce Service Pilot, or WASP, in WW2?  I probably did, but let me say it again.

I'm so proud of her.  She raised 8 children after that, and then helped her husband run an airport for 10 years before they retired.

At this point, at the age of 89 1/2, she still makes meals for us when we visit, loves to discuss the Bible, and helps take care of others living in the retirement home.

She writes the best letters, enjoys gardening and walking, and always looks lovely.  She tries to send a present to each new great-grandchild, but that's hard to keep up with.  When Emily and Matt have their baby in September she will be my mom's 25th great grandchild.  I think.  That counts little Nahla born this month, and another due a week before Emily's....

No comments:

Post a Comment