Friday, April 30, 2010

Good Neighbors


The other night I was out at dusk trying to do a few gardening jobs before I left for DC in the morning.  John had bought me 4 bags of soil to add to the bricked in spot under our church sign out front.  Jim and Rose Townsend initially set up this nice display, but over the years the soil had settled so it was hard to see whatever flowers might grow there.
As I was shifting the heavy bags three folks suddenly appeared to help me - they had driven by and noticed I was struggling in the near dark.
It was Heidi (Bedilion) Jamison and her kids Trevor and Bria.  They helped me dig out a baby weeping cherry tree to transplant in front of the chiropractor's office.  They opened the soil bags and spread it out for me.  Trevor did the shoveling so he and I could replant the tree.  They left with dirty hands and my thanks for the blessing.


Romans 15:2
Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment