Wednesday, March 14, 2012

the Hat

When Rick was here working on the steps he and Jo Ann had a little supper with some of us at the church, and we started talking about his hat - a Tilley hat, as you can see by the photo.
Well I had never heard of them, but they are made in Canada "handcrafted with Canadian persnicketiness" is what it says.  They're standard issue for the Canadian troops, Rick said, and they float and are otherwise indestructible.  

They have a lifetime guarantee, and will be replaced even if you lose one.  Rick's hat has been to Nicaragua, Italy, England, Scotland and Wales, Colorado, New York, Mexico, and down the Grand Canyon.

It looks like it's been through a lot, wouldn't you say.


5 comments:

jmdorean@hotmail.com said...

How do you like the larger print on the blog? I'd love some feedback.
thanks, Merry

Joey said...

I bet it went to Haiti, too. Yes, I do like the bigger print.

jmdorean@hotmail.com said...

Yes, how could I forget Haiti!

Hannah said...

larger print is nice, the hat is incredible! I can't believe you left out the story of the other man's tilley hat! Ha.

Carrie Dorean said...

I like the large format too, but I wonder if you can change the settings on the blog layout to widen the picture area so that you aren't over lapping with the info on the right? What's the story Hannah?

Post a Comment